'flying' visit to UK???

hoverfrog

the dog has a passport, and had its rabies, etc, in December prior to coming to France in Feb.

I know we have to wait 6 months since its blood test to take it on a visit back to UK, but is there anything else we have to do?

Does anyone happen to know off the cuff if Flybe take dogs from Limoges to Southampton? Yes, I could take a long time and look all this up but I'm limited by dial-up speed (and expense!) - roll on ADSL - I so miss it

Making the most of our high speed cable, I thought I'd look it up for you (perhaps when we get to France and I'm possibly restricted by connection speed someone will do the same for me?)

Sorry to say the answer is no, Flybe can't carry animals on international flights.

Info. from their website...

Answer :
Flybe. will only accept domestic cats and dogs on it's domestic services, which must travel as cargo. Unfortunately we are not permitted to carry animals on any International flight.

[quote]the dog has a passport, and had its rabies, etc, in December prior to coming to France in Feb.I know we have to wait 6 months since its blood test to take it on a visit back to UK, but is there anythi...[/quote]

You can fly dogs into the UK via BA at Heathrow. The limitations are due to the animal reception facilities at the other end. Heathrow has one, Stansted does not.

So it's Bordeaux, Toulouse or a link via Paris. The easiest way is to drive. Better all round for the animal involved....