Kennels/Pet sitter in Charente(17)

elaineb

Can any one recommend good kennels or ideally someone who looks after a small number of dogs in their own home around the area of Saintes?

We are finally moving over permanently to our house near there this June and will be bringing our very lively 10 month old springer spaniel.  She has had one stay in kennels in UK but recently we have used a fantastic place where only 4 dogs are looked after at a time and she is much happier there with lots of daily exercise.  Don't know where to start looking for this type of service in Pages Jaunes!

Would be prepared to travel a bit to find the right sort of care.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea who they are, nor what it is like, but there is often an ad in "French News" in Charente (16), isn't Charente Maritime 17, they call themselves Sunfleurs, holidays for dogs with a young English family, call Geoff or Nina 05 45 91 59 49.

Hope this may help, but I can in now way be a reference for them, as I do not know them, just passing on their ad.

Christine   http://animalaidsaintaubin.monsite.wanadoo.fr

From personal experience, we can thoroughly recommend Barbara and Mick Young at Blanzay (near St Jean d'Angely). Phone number 0546582732 or email [email protected] They are "dog soppy" and the dogs stay in comfort in their home.

If you contact Barbara and Mick, tell them that Yvonne and Michael from Ozillac recommended them. (No, we're not on commission.)

Nearer to Saintes is an excellent (but not cheap) boarding kennel at St Georges les Coteaux. Don't have their number but it will be in Yellow Pages under Pensions Animaux (or similar).

Thanks for the helpful replies. Someome else has also mentioned Barbara and Mick Young to me but it is good to get a personal recommendation and this sounds just the sort of set up we were looking for.