Grouse, (not whinge)

I've been viewing here for about two and a half year. After living in 17 for a year now (very happily) I was hoping my first post would be either to give advice, or to start or jump into the middle of a great debate. As it turns out, it's a question.

Does anyone know anything about grouse farming (raising?). More specifically, what to expect living next door to someone who does this for a living?.

Mary-T

What are you worried about? Noise? Smell?

I live next to two duck sheds, three turkey sheds and three egg producing chicken sheds. The chickens are outside during the day. The farmyard called Bretagne!

The noisiest are the pecanne which are a breed of duck. Next are the pintade. Rare you hear the ducks, turkeys or chickens.

As for smell, it seems to depend on the weather conditions - humid or heavy - and, of course, which way the wind is blowing. I must say though that the days it smells are very rare indeed.

I wouldn't have thought that great numbers of grouse would be raised. Are they for hunting? Christmas? Never heard of this here. Will ask my neighbour - the duck man!