spiders

Frank

hi everyone, didn't know where to post this, so here goes!  I have got a book and tried to search on the internet to find info about a little green spider that i have come across on a couple of occassions.  I have never seen a bright green spider before so i need to know if it is to be given a wide berth!! size wise, it is about 1-2cm including legs, moves very fast and is bright green, it dosen't look hairy more velvety.  I have a dorling kindersly book on insects in europe and there is nothing that comes near this spider, so please, if anyone out there has seen said spider and knows what it is, please let me know. 

Thanks in advance

Kimberley

chadeniers 17 

They sound just like the ones that used to sit on the pegs on the washing line.  They made me jump and were off like lightning, they didn't do any harm, save jangling my nerves while wrestling with sheets and towels.[:O]  Can't think of any reason to give them a wide berth. 

We have got a couple of these cute little chaps living behind a picture  in our hallway.  They quite often go promenading around the kitchen walls - I've called it Shrek due to it's colour [:^)]

The nearest spider to it on the website above is Micrommata virescens F

• 2 weeks later...