kitten advice please

mooky

One of my little beautiful 14 month old cats went missing three weeks ago. I know if it was possible she would come home to her brother and me. Harry, brother is pining. I have offered to have a kitten from my neighbours cat. Cats third litter. They are two days old. I went to choose one, as the others are to be desposed of. Obviously kitty will stay with mom for 6/8 weeks. I was sad to see they kitties and mom have lots of fleas. They were born on the top bunk bed in young boys room. I am worried for the development of this kitten, and the others, ( if they do survive) and of course mom. Tomorrow I will by some food for nursing cats, and take it to the neighbours as a thank you. Cat is not looked after properly. What do I do to help with flea problem?  I have also offered to have mom sterilised later, but this offer has been declined as ' You are cruel to want that for a cat !!!!'   If Hetty survives the 8 week ordeal, I shall take her to vet straight away. Any ideas please.

Try posting in the pets' section ; you are in the books and literature section.

Shame about the kittens, but sadly you will have to get used to it in France, because that's how a lot (not all by any means) of French people regard animals, especially cats.

Thread moved by Mod

I was told by the vet for  week old kittens to rub a touch of frontline spray into the palms of your hands and then pick the kittens up and rub them all over I have since done this several times to peoples kittens causing no harm to them, by the way its always best to have 2 kittens not one as they settle better and turn out more loving and have each other for support/ comfort