Anyone know of any all year round sites for mobile homes in Brittany?

Icebird

You may wonder why anyone would want to stay in a mobile over the Winter but I am looking at all the options in case I can't find a house.  I already own a mobile on a site in Brittany but it is only open from Easter to end of September.  Anyone know of anywhere?  Many thanks.

Icebird.

Municipal sites shut from end Sept - beg June round here. Private sites seem to be shut roughly the same time too,you may find a small non-serviced site(basically a bit of spare land) which may allow you to park all year but there is the problem of bureaucracy and permissions etc which most site owners don't want to know about. Where I live, there are many private parcels of land going down to the beaches which people have bought over the years and sited their own caravans/mobile homes or even wooden chalets on,but you never see any up for sale and some are works of art with a beautiful garden and neatly clipped hedges. Try asking at the major tourist information offices in the larger towns if they know of any sites that are open all year,you never know!

Hi

just a thought .................

When we were house hunting we looked at mobile homes. We found a site open year round with mobile homes to rent. (Languedoc not Brittany !)

We didn't take it because they had bookings for odd weeks throughout the winter, so couldn't provide us with the Oct / Nov / Dec period we wanted.

We then discovered that a beachside furnished appartment was actually cheaper as a winter let. Also more convenient in terms of washing machine, dishwasher, bathroom, etc.

Could that be the same in Brittany ?

Peter

Seems as if you and I have same problem, only sites operated year round are those owned/managed by larger holiday site operators... I have enquiry elsewhere in forum seeking a 12 monthly base over very wide area, to buy or possibly rent...so if you have any joy let me know!

shipbroker