Wish me luck!

Clair

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Rose"]Fatty Cat... [:D] is he a bit of the porky side then? [Www][/quote]

Here's a picture of Old Fatty:

[IMG]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q296/clair46/DSCI0002-3.jpg[/IMG]

He weighs 5.6kg (over 12 lbs), but to have a true idea of his size, here's a picture of his paw next to Mr Clair's finger:

[IMG]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q296/clair46/DSCI0001-2.jpg[/IMG]

• 1 month later...

I'm reviving this thread, because we took our Big Mummy cat for her operation today. Thanks Clair for describing all the stages yours went through, it gave me the confidence to go ahead and have it done.

She had the operation late this afternoon so is still a bit dozey. She has a firmly fixed dressing, and I wonder when you took the dressing off yours, or did it fall off?  Eddie brought her home, and the vet nurse rang me to give instructions, and I wasn't sure of all she said, except to keep her separate from the other cats for 4 days. Pat.

Ours did not have any dressing, probably because I told the vet she was a wild cat and I could not garantee to be able to bring her back the following week. She just had a few stitches, which she proceeded to pull out with her teeth within a couple of days... [Www]

The last stitch disappeared after about 10 days.

The wound must dry up and I would not keep the dressing for more than day or two at the most to allow that.

Why not phone the vet and ask for a clarification?

We still haven't been able to trick Moustique into taking worming tablets, even when they're disguised in fishy foods, but I have now found a worming treatment in drops which, like Frontline, can be applied at the base of the neck.

I had to order it from the pharmacy, as it is not part of their usual range, although they will consider stocking it as it is easier to administer than tablets.

It's called Profender. It is available in three different strengths (S, M, L), according to the weight of the cat and costs about €10 for 2 treatments, three months apart.