Do you think cooking for your dog (cat) sounds daft?

mint

When I was 16-17, I had a summer job and my boss had 3 hunting dogs.

I used to cook a huge pan of dog food every other day, using bones from the butcher's, pasta, old bread and whatever leftovers were in the fridges.

Not quite pampered-pooch-treats though...![:D]

My mother has a yorkie and has cooked chicken for her every day since she was about 4 months old..

She turns her nose up at everything else !! She tried once for 2 days to get her to eat "doggie food", but she flatly refused and would probably have starved if we hadn't got the roast chicken in the oven again. Oh the other thing she is partial to - strawberries !!!

[quote user="Loiseau"]My mother used to boil up heart or "lights" (?lungs) for our dog when I was a child in the 50s. Horrible smell!

Angela[/quote]

I did this for a while when we first got our dogs here. The smell was horrible and I soon got tired of it and now feed them raw, which they seem to prefer.

SW17 - the idea in your link isn't really much different from feeding pets tinned pet food, it's probably mostly rubbish and lots of water.

I saw on tv recently a business idea of flavoured bottled water for dogs ! It didn't sell well, needless to say, thumbs down from the dogs.