Question re pedigree dogs

idun

I know someone who bought an expensive pedigree puppy about 15 months ago. Their family situation has changed a lot in the mean time and they may not be able to keep this dog.

So, would this person be right in expecting someone to pay for their dog? OR would they be expected to be thankful that someone would take it off their hands and give it a new home ?

This partly depends on what breed and sex of dog it is.

As a sort of footnote if I had to give dog away I wouldn't let the papers go too. One can breed from a registered dog and those puppies would be more valuable than a dog with unregistered parents.

Hoddy

It isn't  to do with the money really, just the family circumstances have changed radically........ I'm sure if someone would give them something for the dog in question, it would be appreciated and if someone does that, effectively wants to buy it, then they would really be buying that paperwork, rather than the dog itself.

I'll pass all the info on, thankyou all.

[quote user="Hoddy"]This partly depends on what breed and sex of dog it is.

As a sort of footnote if I had to give dog away I wouldn't let the papers go too. One can breed from a registered dog and those puppies would be more valuable than a dog with unregistered parents.

Hoddy[/quote]

That's why I would rather go to a rescue such as Battersea, the dogs are all neutored , chipped and healthy and you don't get the papers

Not sure what the position is with breed rescues....