Back to english education

Dyson

I don't think she would like the bigger classes in the UK. I presume they are still large as my son only did two years at primary school inthe UK before we left and there were 42 in his class which didn't help at all. Here, the local primary schools are so much friendlier with first name terms for the teachers, the wearing of slippers indoors and using slate and chalk where it isn't necessary to have to waste paper as you know, I can't imagine it somehow in UK primary schools.

Are you thinking of her starting in secondary education in September? If so, I would say that she should be OK. You would ofcourse be asking around and finding a good school wouldn't you. But I can't see any reason why it should not be OK and I can think of lots and lots and lots of reasons why it should be more than OK.

It would of course depend on the school and area. Some secondary schools in large towns are chaotic, but smaller ones in rural areas can be good. UK schools provide more learning support than the french do,, so your daughter would receive support should she need it. My daughters have moved from english schools to french and are struggling with the lack of support they receive from teachers and the system in general (secondary level). They are treated with exasperation generally here that they cannot understand what is going on. My youngest is fairing better at primary. I speak as a teacher of secondary school age in the UK, & the emphasis in UK schools is support of children with special needs/english as a 2nd language, so I should think your daughter would have no trouble adapting in year 7, as long as the school is well chosen.

Good Luck
Beth