Proud

Val_2

My daughter got her BAC result last night and has passed. We are so proud of her as this day wasn't even thought about when we moved here to live and just shows how fast life passes you by and what the kids coming here to live can achieve along with all the learning of a new language and culture. She has already had two acceptances for the next stage and has now to decide which one to choose,so bread and water for us for the next few months with all that expense. Anyone else waiting over the next few days for their results to come through apart from Miki that I know about?

LAST EDITED ON 02-Jul-04 AT 08:13 AM (BST)

Well Val,

We are also very happy but nervous, as she has been text (sp) by her friend last night with "felicitations". The internet results, through Rennes Academie website, did not arrive at the promised 8-9p.m. The lines were heaving and it was awfully slow.

This morning easy to negotiate but guess what............no results still. All the rest from Brevet onwards but no bac !!

The results are at another school in Dinan, so we could have gone to see there but daughter went out last night with a big group of mates and I guess she was happy enough with her mates text !! Just the parents on tenterhooks, what's new !!

So, now the CPAM thing to sort out, money, place, accommodation for plenty etc. All the families with kids at pre-teenage years, make the most of it all now because, by far the toughest years are to come. Now there's a nice thought isn't it !!

Miki

Congratulations to your daughters Val and Miki.
Val ,you asked were there any more of us waiting for results. Well our youngest son received his Brevet results yesterday and he has passed and will now go to Lyce.
Our elder son has taken his BAC Franais and is waiting for the results which are out next Thursday. He hopes to find them on the internet so I was interested in your comments about the problems with that.
He also takes his driving test on the same day and it happens to be his 18th Birthday! So a momentous day one way or the other for him.
This time next year we will be in your shoes, looking at universities etc but this year, hopefully, they can both relax and enjoy the summer after next week.

LAST EDITED ON 03-Jul-04 AT 04:27 PM (BST)

It's a long time since I posted in this forum, after I received very unpleasant emails in my post box, but I just wanted to say congratulations to all those who passed Brevet and Bac this year.
We arrived here 3 years ago with 3 teenagers who couldn't speak a word of french. Thanks to wonderful teachers and children at Institut St Lo, our eldest yesterday got a B grade (15.05 aggregate) in her Bac, the youngest passed his Brevet. These are average children who decided when they arrived to make the most of the opportunities given to them. We are so proud of them, I know I couldn't have done it!
To all of you out there concerned if the move is going to be good or not for your family, all I can say is go for it, we've never looked back.