Am I too old?

lucky luke

Hi

Has anyone any experience of re-training or taking up further education in France - as an adult. I am 30 plus and would dearly love to go to art college. Has anyone ever tried this? Financially I am fairly secure, but I wonder if there is a cut off age for applying. Any advice, warnings, observations greatly welcomed.

Luke.

Hi

There was a 75 year old in my class at Uni here in France and age never came into it at all (he did drop off  to sleep occasionally in the grammar section but who wouldn't).  In order to study at Uni for a non language course I believe there is a minimum level of french you must obtain, a short exam. 

If your french isn't up to it and you have the time why not do a french as a foreign language course first, it's tough but well worth the effort, I was able to converse freely after a term and a half (20 weeks i.e. 400 hours of study) I'm not fluent but would pass the entrance exam for further studies.

Age is only a state of mind and no-one ever stops learning.

As regards the post, I went back to college on day release, to complete a couple of Mech. Eng. tags that I was missing. I was well into my forties then and definately the oldest there. The others in my class welcomed me with open arms and I never had a day when I didn't enjoy being 'back at school'. My advice, just do it.