Anti Brit sentiments in college.

Chris Head

[quote user="JSA Aude"]Answering the last paragraph we decided after 9 was too late - we would not have made the move.[/quote]

My twins have just turned nine and I second the above.  Oh boy! do they get an opinion at that age.  It would not be worth it.[:D][:)][:)]

Georgina

Fascinated reading this thread, astonished at the Celts staying together bit....and I am a Celt....bigotry and sectarianism not my bag...

I do recall visiting a Chateau in Lassay Les Chateux and asking whether there was an English guide (I was young and foolish...ok ok it was a year ago!) The very nice French chap advised yes there was, if we would just wait while he got organised. We stood for awhile waiting for the guide person when the little French chap popped up again and handed us a folder with his speil all printed in English...and "I will say ze numberr for ze words" or something similar and toddled off to begin the tour. This set the afternoon up for a bit o hilarity as we wer the only English speakers there and the French were unaware that my other half speaks pretty good French and understood most of what was being said! Now I should explain the lady wife is half Chinese not immediately obvious as she is tall and not particularly Chinese in apperance. Anyway I digress, off we go on the tour we hung back at the back of the group so that the surreptitious translation service didn't wind anyone up. There's a bit of Laughter at the front of the group as our guide decides to wax lyrical about the hundred years war and a few heads turn around, I felt at that point it was appropriate to advise the group that sorry to disappoint but Moi was Escossaise, people were instantly more friendly! and the sideways glances stopped, that was until our friend the guide deciding e was on safe ground said something about the Chinese that her indoors wasn't too keen on, then they discovered she was a Chinese French speaker and an outspoken one at that, the group were laughing their heads off, happy days.