Times Tables

Hoddy

Do French children learn to chant their tables ? If so, what form of words do they use ?

I was thinking that it would a good idea for my grandchildren to learn them because it would help with their French numbers and reinforce what they're learning in English.

Hoddy

I sat in the back of a horsebox from Tours to Poland with a 12 year old French boy whose tables were abysmal !! He certainly hadn't learnt to chant them like we did. All during the trip and the competition, we all jumped on him with "5x12" or "8x8". You can be sure that by the time we returned, he had improved !!!!

So you think you're a dragon mum, I've just read this -

"Five days a week, she came into my room at four in the morning, force-fed me breakfast, and proceeded to teach me my English lessons for three hours before I left for school and she went to work. I offered stiff resistance to this regimen, but in response to every strategy I conconcted, whether unconvincing ("My stomach hurts") or indisputably true (my eyes kept closing every minutes), she would patiently repeat her most powerful defense;

"This is no picnic for me either, Buster."

Barack Obama: Dreams from my Father.

Hoddy