Classic Cars

Richard-R

I've been thinking about buying a classic ( old and smoking, like me) car here in France but the prices seem very o.t.t. bog standard rust buckets start at about 5000euros and i saw a '83 mini moke advertised for 9000 euros!!!!!!!, one could all most get a new car for that. Have any of you used classic car auctions for a good deal or are prices high across the board. I've been looking for a rag top but at the prices i've seen in could get a 206 with the folding roof for the same money new.

Richard (Aude)

Depends on what you are looking for (and where) alot. I've seen some really nice classics for relativly decent prices lately. Prices for convertables will of course be higher in the summer months than in the winter. As a general rule though, I'd have to agree about slightly OTT prices.
Tim

If you want a Triumph - www.tssc.org.uk - might be a good place to start as they have members worldwide, and international events @ Le Mans for example (coming up soon I think - but you'd better check the website).

Bonne Route! (sorry - any excuse to practise as have french listening exam tomorrow)

Best wishes

M