UK car registration - new rules?

Lebrouillac

Hi everyone,

Been asked to post this for friends who have yet to get internet access.

They got all the paperwork together to register their cars in France, only to be told by the secretary at the Mairie that the regulations had changed as from 1st June, but she didn't tell them what had changed.

Has anyone any idea what the new regulations are?

Ta very muchly.

Clare

No; there is a new carte grise which can be applied for by post, more information is here:
http://www.interieur.gouv.fr/rubriques/c/c2_le_ministere/c21_actualite/2004_01_14_nouv_carte_grise
but it hasn't been updated sufficiently to be helpful.

We went on June 2nd to change a Carte Grise from the previous owner to my daughter's name and everything seemed the same although as I mentioned previously we were asked for an s.a.e. to send the forms and cheque off to Brest which is our nearest main Prefecture and that was not mentioned onthe list of requirements which we handed in and I didn't send anything off nine years back when I re-registered my english car,that was all done by the sous-prefecture here and came back from them as well. However, when buying this car our garage owner friend who sold it us rang the Mairie as a matter of course to inform them that he had sold a car and needed the relevent paperwork and they said it wasn't necessary any more. Who knows what is going on in government these days,it seems to be change,change and change continually.