Mitsubishi Shogun Pinin.....

jjgibson

Having felt pleased that we didn't have to pay for a Cert of Conformity fom Mitsubishi UK, we went to the Hotel des Impots - no problems received form in a few mins and went off to the SP to get the Carte Grise.

Taking Penny's advice we arrived just after luch and were first in the queue filled in name & address etc on Immat. form and handed it over to the helpful young lady who told us to take a seat & we would have our CG in a few minutes. (Thought this could be the quickest application on record). Called back to the counter to be told there is a problem with the VIN no., her computer didn't match up the number with anything!! She helpfully tried many different versions of letters & numbers but no good - said we had to go to the DRIRE to get the to sort it out.

Following morning, up early & off to Nantes DRIRE. EXTREMELEY helpful...but the same outcome, even got a tecnichien to come and verify that the numbers on the car, V5 & cert. of conf. all matched, which they did of course.

Only solution (of course their computer's not wrong) was to phone Mitsi FR give them all the details and request a new cert. of conf. saying that Mitsi FR would be in touch re FITTING A NEW VIN PLATE WITH THE CORRECT NUMBER (!!) This is obviously something we don't want to have done.

Has anyone else re-registered a Pinin and if so would you be kind enough to tell me what the first 6 digits of your VIN no.are, or if you have had similar problems and how you overcame them.

Jon
(44)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote]Having felt pleased that we didn't have to pay for a Cert of Conformity fom Mitsubishi UK, we went to the Hotel des Impots - no problems received form in a few mins and went off to the SP to get the C...[/quote]

My original message seems to have lost a couple of threads in the shake-up, not to mention I never received an email with my new password so tried to log-in but told I wasn't registered, tried to re-register only to be told that my username & password were in use. So have re-registered under a different name.

Anyway, back to the subject - Mitsubishi France have been excellent, have taken all my details by fax, and replied later that evening by email saying that the problem was that my vehicle was a RHD! Mitsubishi had never registered RHD's with DRIRE. Will be updating DRIRE's records in due course & I will be able to re-register my car without any problems (I hope .)

I was also told by the lady at the SP that as my car wasn't 4 years old I didn't need a CT - is this correct? I would like to know as teh next time I go down there I want things to go as smoothly & as quickly as possible.

[quote]My original message seems to have lost a couple of threads in the shake-up, not to mention I never received an email with my new password so tried to log-in but told I wasn't registered, tried to re-r...[/quote]

Pleased that you have got it sorted out and no, you do not need a ct if your car is younger then 4 years. You don't even have to show an insurence cert'.

Mitsubishi had never registered RHD's with DRIRE

I have to say, that's a new one on me. Any Mitsibushi (4) we have tried to immatriculate DRIRE have known all about them. The point of RHD or LHD has never arisen with any car I have been involved with.

Lots of other points have but not that, you may well be required to have to go the DRIRE (Les Mines) for them to have a look over still.

With many Jap motors (and some others) they may well want to see if the original equipment is still being used, such as tyres (if these are not carrying the same as DRIRE have for them, you will be asked to change them to their original spec) and often to check that the Vin plate is in the correct area.

I will add that some departments will always see things slightly diffrently !

[quote]Pleased that you have got it sorted out and no, you do not need a ct if your car is younger then 4 years. You don't even have to show an insurence cert'.[/quote]

What does that mean about, "not showing an Insurance cetificate" ?

Thanks Boggy,

Sorry but all too often your'e just an Oik, full stop !

It wasn't an argument, I didn't get what you meant, that's all. It sounded more like you didn't have to show the vignette on your windscreen than not showing an insurance certificate to get a car registered in France. I bet if truth be known, I wasn't alone in that either.

[quote]Thanks Boggy, Sorry but all too often your'e just an Oik, full stop ! It wasn't an argument, I didn't get what you meant, that's all. It sounded more like you didn't have to show the vignette on yo...[/quote]

Sorry Miki. It was a bad day at "office". Had to have arguement with Nissan FR dealer! Bloody useless "Grease Monkeys" but that's life. You get good and bad ones everywhere.

The sun's back, 32c, everything's rosey again. (Now where did I put that block of wood)

[quote]Sorry Miki. It was a bad day at "office". Had to have arguement with Nissan FR dealer! Bloody useless "Grease Monkeys" but that's life. You get good and bad ones everywhere. The sun's back, 32c, ever...[/quote]

.................over the Nissan mans head perhaps

No probs Boggie.

Again, it is purely the way text can be misinterpreted, not much any of us can do about it.

I guess only "text dialogue" can sort the situation out in these cases.

• 1 month later...

[quote]Having felt pleased that we didn't have to pay for a Cert of Conformity fom Mitsubishi UK, we went to the Hotel des Impots - no problems received form in a few mins and went off to the SP to get the C...[/quote]

Well, after nearly two months we've finally done it - re-registered that is. After Mitsi Fr got involved and told DRIRE that they had never given French Authorities the VIN nos for RHD Pinins they sorted it out. Excellent work from a chap called Firm Nkom (really) at Mitsi Fr. However this news came though last month and another visit to DRIRE was called for. €80-odd later and only checking the VIN against the paperwork from Mitsi Fr, said all was ok but we'd have to change the lights, we knew we'd have to do this for the CT but thought we may get away with it for the time being. Appt booked with Mitsi Nantes following morning to change lights - big hole in pocket afterwards . Back to DRIRE to get paperwork signed off and assurance that all would be ok at SP. Went to SP and started ball rolling again. Hey-ho, NO RECORD of VIN on their database! Ushered into back office to see boss who took our paperwork and said he'd have to contact Paris to sort it out as their systems used old software! This week he phones to say all done so back to SP to pick up carte gris, get plates made and sort out insurance.

Now that's another matter..... 13 years no claims to get a 50% bonus??