UK Licences

Kiraude

Sort of but it's rather the opposite... there's an A4 paper license valid until one is 70... plus a credit card sized photocard valid for ten years only.

I went to the prefecture in Cognac and was told that I would need to provide a translation of my licence. I was surprised having read other posts here. Subsequently I went to Angouleme, this time showing my green licence with plastic card first, and was told to fill in the form, provide 2 photos, proof of domicile (France Telecom bill), passport and €25. We've been here 6 months but were not asked that.

Did this last Wednesday, was told I would receive French licence in 7 days and it turned up 2 days later!

Graham

Quote: The paper bit has you offences on and has to be carried with you even in the UK as well as the vredit card bit. My credit card bit has the EU flag on it.

I1 & Iceni

In the UK unlike France you are not required to carry any part of your licence with you but if stopped by police you may be required to produce your licence at the police station within seven days. Quillan is correct penalties are recorded on the paper part.

regards colin