number plates

Le_Jars

Any garage should be able to arrange new number plates.

Prices vary, so do ask before ordering them.

You'll need the Carte Grise and possibly proof of residence at the same address (usually an EDF bill...)

You can choose whether to have the EU stars within the plate or not...

When you get your plates be careful as I heard recently someone got fined for not having his number plates riveted but fixed by screws as in UK. When I bought a trailer the supplier told be to get the number plates from a motor spares shop and bring them to him for riveting.

Di's Mist Wagen had UK plates glued on. It passed the CT with a note to this effect but the man said - no prob as you will have proper plates rivetted on when you re-reg.

I can recommend an excellent place off Whitehall Road in Colchester where no documents whatsoever are needed to buy new plates - just drive up in a vehicle with that number.

John

not

Keep an eye on the plates too and the condition of the numbers etc. One of our vehicles is missing a number out of the four as they seem to be embossed on and my daughter has the Z in her two letters peeling off already and the plates are only 8 months old and came from the key cutting shop in LeClerc near us at 28€ the pair.