Bull Bars - hate them.....

Washy

Bull bars - I hate them, this would be a good opportunity to persuade my hubby to take them off......! I presume as we fitted them and they were not standard to the Land Rover they should come off if we are summoned to DRIRE?

I mentioned this at the end of my posting on GPL and DRIRE but as this is a lengthy posting I thought I would post separately.

Merci again to all the well-informed people who are saving me unwanted, extra trips to DRIRE.

If they are the silly chrome posy things, then they could cause your vehicle to fail it's inspection (although I guess that is the least of your worries, judging by your other post!). They are also dangerous & pointless.

My Isuzu has bars that are designed to be part of the chassis & are to deflect pedestrians away, like the bumpers of a road car. Trouble is, I keep missing them...

Hi

I had an accident just before Xmas.

I indicated on a narrow road, turned right, nearly made it, as the car behind overtook me on my left.

Unfortunately he forgot the width of his bull bars which scored my rear panel & removed the light assembly. No damage to his car. So one car out of action over xmas & new year, and not fixed until early February.

Cost of repairs was Euro 2600, 100% covered by his insurance.

Don't ask my opinion of bull bars, or the people who have them fitted.

Peter

Wow Nick....sorry this topic enraged you sooooooo much!!!

I have the answer from my mate (!!) at DRIRE here, they are illegal if not factory fitting and an original part of the design of the car.

So I am very glad ours will have to be removed before we take the Land Rover to DRIRE.  No other way around it it seems.

What an excellent invention they are. I find them indispensable for clearing the peasants out of the way in built up areas and terrifying the British reg cars out in the countryside.

We have a points system in this area instigated by the Marie with cups awarded at the end of the year.

5000 @ women with pram

3000 @ Old people above retirement age.

8000 @ All children

-10000 @ Young women 16 to 45

[quote]What an excellent invention they are. I find them indispensable for clearing the peasants out of the way in built up areas and terrifying the British reg cars out in the countryside. We have a points...[/quote]

How many points for killing a child with a metal bar at 30mph

[quote]How many points for killing a child with a metal bar at 30mph[/quote]

Ron - You need to drive a Pergeot 307 for hitting kids with because according to NCAP you are much more likely to survive if you are hit by one. All I need to do is find some kids to try it out on. I wonder when they were designing the car if they invited a load of kids down to the test track just to see what happened. Opp's sorry need a bit more foam on the front, never mind six weeks and you will be able to walk again....... or Didn't they bounce well......

[quote]How many points for killing a child with a metal bar at 30mph[/quote]

It all depends. If the metal bar is not attached to a vehicle -15000. If it's relatives have no sense of humour at all, 30000, because it will more then likely grow up without one, having carried a humourless gene passed down by the aforemention relative.

[quote]I am very disterssed by the humour in the points thing on this post. How many for a nun? John.[/quote]

Unfortunately John, none, but instead a chance to site on God's right hand, for a few months, when you "fall off the perch".

[quote]What an excellent invention they are. I find them indispensable for clearing the peasants out of the way in built up areas and terrifying the British reg cars out in the countryside. We have a points...[/quote]

What do they say, many a true word said in jest - If you find this funny, then surely there is an element of truth in it for you.

Georgina

Here I saw a big French 4 x 4 the other day, it had massive iron bull bars welded to the front, but instead of loads of headlights on the bars, it had two ********s, one looked like an outcast, the other looked like a clown.  Now that WAS funny

[quote]Here I saw a big French 4 x 4 the other day, it had massive iron bull bars welded to the front, but instead of loads of headlights on the bars, it had two ********s, one looked like an outcast, the ot...[/quote]

Now, was that;

Breasts

or

or

Penises

or

Testicles?

Having done a preview, it is was obviously not several of my examples. Or have I spelt something wrong? Wonderful software, absolutely wonderful...