Van and Caraval

PadraigPaddy

Were comin to France soon and need to know wot the crack is wi vans and caravans. Do you need insurance for a caravan, where do travellin people get there insurance as we will no have a  adress. Just be going were the goods sites is and casual work.

Thanks

[quote]dont like sound of havin place to get tax returns and the like goes against our way of livin. Tah[/quote]

Me too, shame that the Inland Revenue lack a sense of humour about things like that isn't it. 

Feel free to plug into the abundant electricity points and dump your waste at the nightly stopover points all provided by the little people who have nothing better to do than work their fingers to the bone all of their lives.

weedon

I suspect that Weedon means that France may not be a good place for you to be an itinerant traveller, working whenever. Where I live in Normandy, they have blocked the grass down the road where the 'other people' ie those with no fixed abobe used to park, now they have to 'camp' about 5 miles out of town. There, they have fixed water and toilets, but unfortunately one has to pay for these services. Very strange, these fields are totally empty and have been denuded of bushes. It seems the satellite dish does not work too well next to a giant electricity pylon.

Well, It is your life, and I wish you well in your endeavours, but am still at a loss to figure out how you are going to store X cubic metres of boiling hot macadam in the caravan/van while you wait for a contract to lay one single inch of it anywhere. The local authorities have it all sewn up, and the bits in between use regular, registered artisans as their work is guaranteed for 10 years.

If you plan on moving from here to there, you will find life very difficult in France. I am sorry to rain on your picnic but Spain might be a better idea.