Speed cameras - GPS detectors

AEB

I know that radar detectors are illegal in France.  But what about GPS detectors?  These are the ones that have a downloaded database of where fixed cameras exist and use GPS to tell you that you are approaching one.

Anyone know?

I do not see that they can be illegal you can buy maps with the fixed sites marked. Radar detectors were I believe trapped by restrictions on post war restrictions on Radios capable of detecting police and military transmissions rather than specefic new legislation. 

Hi

I would have thought that if these units for detecting a speed camera were illegal then I would imagine anything that tells you where they are will be also.
I think these random speed checks are more likely to catch anyone so the GPS system isnt any use.

For the fixed speed cameras look at http://www.securiteroutiere.equipement.gouv.fr/data/radars/index.html

I don't think that identifying the location of fixed cameras is illegal per se - otherwise viamichelin.com  website for route planning would be in a bit of a fix - and I think they are linked to the french tyre manufacturer