Small Diesel car that's an automatic!

Bob

Thanks for that. My mouth is watering now. Just wish it came in a 1.6, only in a 1.4 but what's 200cc anyway?

Going to find a Citroen dealer here in Oz to take a test drive.

BTW when did the price of diesel go up in comparison to unleaded? It used to be about half the price of unleaded 10 years ago.

Went to my local Citroen dealer here in Aus to try out the C3. Hated it. Felt like a toy car. What we fell in love with was a Peugeot 206cc. Am now trying to contact a Peugeot dealer in the loire to order one for when we finally move to france in october. Any advice on how I can do this. Tried emailing but get no response.

If you want a great car in near new condition with warrantee if you want you could buy in Germany. You can get nearly anything you want and you'll save a bundle.

In your case I would suggest that Golf would be a terrific little car and the have more grunt than the citroen or peugeot, better quality all around. I have owned all three VW, citroen & peugeot and although I can attest that citroen diesel engine are nearly indestructible, their body is far from that and can fall apart in front of your eyes. The VW I now own is solid and very well made.

The process is simple and You get to choose exactly what you want if you use an agent. I did it like that and I'm perfectly happy to recommend this man in Germany who will work in your interest alone.

Let me know if you want more information.

Andrew

Thanks for all your advice, however as I am aiming to buy and order a brand new car over the net I'd prefer to use a main dealer near to where we will be buying a house so it can be ready on our arrival in October. And by the way I've also decided against diesel as an automatic is more of a priority for me