Motorbikes and filtering

Sundaydriver

As a motorist and a motorcyclist,I laughed myself almost off the A9 recently.We were undertaken by a motorcycle going way over the limit-I was exceeding it somewhat myself.He had a bag aero-elasticed onto the pillion;a few miles up the road items of clothing were strewn over the A9 and a little further up a somewhat disconsolate person was walking back down the shoulder-I don't know why he was bothering.

"I've been everywhere, man
I've been everywhere, man
Crossed the deserts bare, man
I've breathed the mountain air, man
Travel...I've had my share, man
I've been everywhere
I've been to:
Boston
Charleston
Dayton
Lousiana
Washington
Houston
Kingston
Texas County
Monterey
Fairaday
Santa Fe
Tollaperson
Glen Rock
Black Rock
Little Rock"

plus Spain, Ireland, Holland, Spain, Belgium, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Croatia, Slovenia and the deserts of Dubai on a motorcycle and I can tell you that the French have more respect for motorcycles that the Brits.
Filtering rocks, car drivers suck.

[quote]I always move over for bikers because I love the way they stick their right leg out to say thank you. Cute or what? Is this just a French thing zrx1100? Benjamin[/quote]

It took me a while to get used to that thing where they stick their legs out: I thought they must have pretty uncomfy leathers.

But I must say: drivers and riders in France are fantastic in their attitude to other bikers. Every year, we ride from Zeebrugge to Alicante, and France is wonderful. One year we made the mistake of setting off on the first Saturday in August. The roads were at a standstill, but it was like the parting of the dead sea (or was it the red sea?) as they moved to let us through.

Mind you, it does make it horrible when you have to come over in the car, which I am doing this week. (80 year old mother draws the line at being a pillion. No sense of adventure I say).