certificate of conformity

ntc

Hi

I am in the U.K. we have a old Renualt Laguna RN 1998 model with full U.K. m.o.t.  which we would like to leave in France can anyone help me with the address to get certificate of conformity and advise on the rest of the process to get it legal to drive in France

many thanks

Norman

The question of whether your vehicle will be legal to drive in France depends on your situation, so you need to answer some key questions first.

You say you are "in the UK" - does that mean you are resident there?

On what basis are you leaving the car in France?  Do you own another property there or are you looking to leave the car (eg at a friend's house) to use during your holiday visits?

Hi

We own a small house that we use for holidays I am looking to register the car in France and leave it there

I understand I need a certificate of conformity first but do not know were to optain this ie a address then after that what have we to do ?.

Thanks

You may not need a manufcturer's c of c. We re-registered a 1997 Krautmobile and the Prefecture asked for a DRIRE attestation (€67.38) rather than a c of c (?£55). We did not have to suffer a DRIRE inspection, just filled in a form and supplied copy docs.

My advice is always - ask yr Prefecture - but others will disagree.

John

not

First job is to sign the tear off export declaration slip from your V5C and send it back to the DVLA (if you’ve any unexpired tax, include your tax disc for a refund!!). They no longer issue export certificates against V5Cs – you just keep the rest of the registration document - you'll need it for the CT test and for the rest of the registration formalities.

Note: If you still have one of the old V5 registration documents, you have to send it back to the DVLA and they’ll issue an export certificate. This takes a few weeks and should be done before you leave the UK. In your case, however, I’d keep the V5 and take a photocopy to sign and send back to the DVLA.

Now pop round to your local Hotel des Impots and get a "quittance fiscal" certificate. You'll need the V5C, original invoice/receipt (though they probably won't ask to see it) and a utility bill. The certificate is free and proves there's no VAT to pay on the car.

For your type approval certificate, its cheaper and easier to go through the DRIRE. If your vehicle model is on their database of type approved vehicles they'll issue you with an attestation d'identite. You can download the DRIRE application form (demand d’identification) [url=http://www.poitou-charentes.drire.gouv.fr/vehicules/RTI/7-5-2RCR19.pdf]HERE . [/url]

Print it off, fill it in, and send it off to your local DRIRE office together with your V5C, a cheque for 67,38 euros payable to Régisseur des Recettes de la DRIRE and a self addressed stamped envelope. There's even an english guidance note to help you fill in the form.

You can find your local DRIRE address on the [url=http://www.drire.gouv.fr] national website [/url]- select your region from the map. You should get the attestation and your V5C back in a few days.

Take your car for a controle technique test.  You'll need to replace the headlamps with right dipping ones.

Visit the prefecture with all the above papers plus your passport and a utility bill. Complete a demande de certificat d'immatriculation and hand everything over to the clerk. They'll issue you with a new carte grise. Get some plates made up and rivet them to your car (no screws).

All done.

Sunday Driver,

I think you've answered a question I was about to post but I'll do it anyway.

I've amassed all the paperwork and am off to the Hotel des impots and then to the Suprefecture this afternoon to do the car.

Can you confim that I don't actually need to have the vehicle with me?

I'm planning to go in out French car while my wife has to go off somewhere else in her (soon to be replated) one.

p

I'm trying to find the local DRIRE address for the Dordogne using the link you gave to the national web site, but cannot find it - lots of other stuff but not the address - is the link correct ?

thanks

Mark