which insurance

Frogslegs

You'll always find cheaper and cheaper if you carry on looking; just make sure you check out exactly what's covered, and what happens after a claim. For eg direct insurance are cheap, but once you make a claim on your car insurance, they are known to cancel the contract! I personally have taken recently both through my bank CA, sent them an email for a quote and then went ahead with it!

We found MAAF to be the cheapest when shopping around. 

About six weeks ago, I damaged a foglight driving over a burst truck tyre and when I took the car in for service last week, my garage suggested I could claim on my windscreen/glass cover with no loss of NCB.  So I popped into our local MAAF office and they said OK - even with the delay (I'm told you have to make any accident claims within a couple of days).  They gave me a simple one page claim form which I took back to them with the garage invoice.  Four days later, I received MAAF's reimbursement cheque. 

Good service, or what?

Well...I popped into the Axa office in Melle and they quoted us 150 euros cheaper  than Muteulle for a Mercedes group 18  so I think we will change not only our original car insurance for the Mondeo but also look at the house.