Horse Trailer

cooperlola

• 5 months later...

Interesting thread as I have a Bateson Towavan box Trailer http://www.batesontrailers.com/trailer-detail.asp?ID=6&cat=1 which will be used for the eventual move and then kept in France so will require registration. Thankfully, being in excellent condition and of known make, the neccessary paperwork should be pretty straightforward and who knows, I might even be able make the odd Euro here and there (or at least score a bottle of wine) by helping friends or neighbours move a bit of furniture etc.!

Actually I think the idea of trailer registration is generally very good and I'm quite amazed that it doesn't exist in the UK. Over the years I've seen some pretty apalling and dangerous looking devices being towed behind cars and vans, and very often at ridiculous speeds too.

I have one question though and that is, is the registration a one off or periodically renewable, the latter I would guess ?

Ernie

As long as Bateson's can provide you with either a French certificate of conformity or failing that, a technical "notice descriptive" for the DRIRE SVA inspection then you should be OK.

The registration process is the same as for a car - a one off.  However, if you move departments, then you have to reregister in the new department.