Wanted VW engine

robcarol

Have you tried advertising on the justcamper forum?

Also, on the road to Perigueux from Nontron, there is a tyre garage, but the guy obviously loves vw's, he has got loads of beetles in various stages...and on his forecourt he has some type 4s, and pick ups.....I don't know the name of it though...is he too far? I could take the name down when I go by tomorrow.

This might be your lucky day Rob because I've just spoken to my man and he has an identical van sitting outside his workshop with a perfect engine which is available.

Seemingly there are only 2 types of engine for this vehicle, ALB or possibly 1Y which is why they are as rare as the proverbial rocking Horse do Dah.

The van doesn't belong to him so he will have to check with the owner to see how much he want's for it plus of coure, if he has to take it out for you there will be a cost involved there, but as a ballpark figure he's suggesting around £350 but of course can't be held to that at the moment.

He's also asking what's wrong with the original because barring catastrophic failure these engines are virtually bombproof.

You might in fact be luckier than you know because I am planning my first moving run down to 46 (nr Cahors) later this month with a big box van trailer and my return route will take me through Duras in The Dordogne and then through Poitou Charentes and onwards to Dunkirk which I'm guessing will see me pass not a million miles away from where you are !

1st things first then I guess, are you interested ?