Sunday Driving

Gyn_Paul

I was asked a question, the other day, and I answered with complete assurance (as is the wont of a natural smart-arse), but on the way home I got to thinking, and realised I was assuming....

Now if I know one thing, here in france it's never assume. So I'll ask the question anyway. Even though it seems daft. -

Can Transit-size vans (or in my case Boxer-size) be driven on a Sunday ?

My original answer, by the way, was ".. if it's big enough for a tacco, it's got to get off the road: smaller than that is OK."

p

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

Certain vehicles over 7,5t are allowed to travel on Sundays - refrigerated foodstuffs, animal transport, any wagon with Portuguese or Spanish plates[;-)] etc.

Even I'm allowed.......[:D] 

[/quote]

The Portuguese and Spanish wagons I've seen in 87/16 are certainly NOT all refrigerated........

[quote user="Ford Anglia"][quote user="Sunday Driver"]

Certain vehicles over 7,5t are allowed to travel on Sundays - refrigerated foodstuffs, animal transport, any wagon with Portuguese or Spanish plates[;-)] etc.

Even I'm allowed.......[:D] 

[/quote]

The Portuguese and Spanish wagons I've seen in 87/16 are certainly NOT all refrigerated........

[/quote]

The permission is given for perishable food stuffs (IIRC) - they don't necessarily have to be refigerated, although anything that is refigerated clearly falls into the category - so lettuce and peppers, toms and cues can all legally be carried although none are likely to be refrigerated since this is likley to speed up rather than inhibit decay.

Also permitted are some types of fuel,  transport of livestock etc