Forwarding / Redirection of Mail/Post (NOT e-mail !)

Hello

I am sure that this has come up before but I cannot find any answers using search.

Is there a reliable way of getting mail re-directed to a UK address?

I was told that the post office would do it. And in truth they seem quite happy to accept my request.

They don't charge a fee, but don't do the re-directing either !

Thanks in advance

We have had letters de-directed to a temporay address in Spain, for which we had to fill in a form at our local post office and pay a fee - 'though I can't remember how much. System worked ok. Another time, we had the PO hold our mail when we were away for a couple of weeks. Similar procedure, but we had to go and collect when we returned.

• 2 weeks later...
Our French friends, who keep an eye on our house when we are not there, have been redirecting our post for the last year with no problems. They just cross out the French address, add our English address and put it back in the post.I queried the difference in cost of stamps but am assured the stamp covers the EU countries. So far we have received everything without any delay. Dorothy

Guerambault, that would be OK if every letter you received was international. However, the cost of stamps changed in the recent past........... post about this first started by Val2, I think??

And now we pay more to send letters from France to other countries. I don't know how this will affect the 'system' you have running at the moment, but maybe you had better keep your eye on things.

Hi all

I have just come back from Vernet and I now have more info.

The same post office that prveiously accepted my informal request on a scrap of paper now have a 'system' and a form. Max period for each form filling is 6 months and charge is 55 euros (i.e. 110 for a year).

The lady then said. Get a neighbour to re-direct (suivre a) for free as described above. She said the system would not pick up on any stamp price difference.

John