Facts about Triangles & things

MrCanary

[quote user="LyndaandRichard"]If we were to carry all these items in our 206cc, there'd be no room for us! We don't even carry a spare tyre (mainly because there's no such thing as a spare tyre on this car).

[/quote]

Its amazing how little space it all takes up, we have 7 x vests, first aid kit, triangle and firex in the dedicated stowage in the back of the zafira, plus space for 2 x lightweight waterproof jackets and you never even notice the stuff is there. Bulb kit in the glove box. No torch though or cuddly toy [:)]

I have always had a concern on Hire cars. How do they figure in the laws ? The cars that I have hired only seem to contain a spare wheel and little else. No fire ex, no triangle, no first aid. Or have they been half inched.

A quick warning if you have French insurance and break down on the autoroute.  They won't let you call your own breakdown service - you have to use the one provided and pay them there and then.  They give you a receipt but you m ust make sure you send it to your French insurer within a week. I had a blowout whilst hurrying for a ferry to the Uk so I didn't send the receipt in until I got back to France and I was told that it was too late to be reimbursed.

I have noticed how slow French drivers are to pull away at lights, and I have decided it is because they know some idiot might be trying to run the lights in the other direction so they give them time to clear the junction.

Slow away from lights, where? [:-))]

If I am at the front and am not ready to go 3 mille seconds before the lights change I am likely t get rammed from behind! Mind you if you are 1/2 dozen cars back then the first couple are away like frightened rabbits and then the others wait until the car in front has gone then find a gear and then move. By the time the 7th car is ready to go the lights have changed again and they go whatever colour it is. I think that they work on the principle that it was green when they decided to put the car in gear so it's OK?[8-)]

I still think that the average french driver is under the impression that his indicators are connected to his electric meter in his house and will get charged full rate for using them!

[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/Jonzjob/DSC00002.jpg[/IMG]

A typical French driver ready at the lights peut etra [:D]?

Edit : But you must admit that they do have a dogged detirmination???[:$][:D]