Credit cards at the Peage.

Rtony

Hello All,

After struggling to get notes into the peage machine and getting in the wrong lane last year, I've been told I can pay using a credit card.

Can anybody confirm that I can use my UK Visa or Mastercard in these please? Also how do I go about doing it and which lane do I go in.

Thanks

Tony

Yes, you can use UK cards at Autoroute peage machines. Look for the lane showing credit card symbols and just place card in the slot and I advise retaining the receipt. The reason for this is that all tolls paid on the same day will show on your card statement as a total amount and not individual transactions, so you will have to add up the receipts to check if your statement amount is correct. Unless they have improved the system which I have not needed to use for a couple of years.

Baz

[quote user="sid"]

You can use the manned booth as well; just hand your card to the operator and they swipe it... no PIN required, it's quicker than cash usually!

Sid

[/quote]

Sid that is correct, except if you want little or no queues better to use the card dedicated lanes if available.

Baz

Thanks Baz and Sid.

I'll be using the cards in future (and taking cash just in case) and looking out for the credit card signs. All I can remember seeing are orange T's which I now presume are just for the tele cards.

Regards,

Tony

Instead of using the credit card, why not get one of the telepeage transponders? Plenty of threads on here, for information and easy to sign up and use. Also, it avoids some of the heavier queues. Might be worth you investigating if you are more than a frequent user.

Aitch