Car without paperwork

Pearly Spencer

Hi all,

I have a car in the UK that has no paperwork, if I drive it over to France is there any way that I can apply for a certificate of conformity? I can print up a receipt for the car on the computer, will I need to produce any other documents? Can anyone help otherwise I will have to scarp it.[:(]

regards

Pearly

[quote user="Pearly Spencer"]Hi all,
      I have a car in the UK that has no paperwork, if I drive it over to France is there any way that I can apply for a certificate of conformity? I can print up a receipt for the car on the computer, will I need to produce any other documents? Can anyone help otherwise I will have to scarp it.[:(]
Pearly
[/quote]

If you have no legal paperwork, i imagine it is illegal to use it....it falls into teh same pub-political discussion group as all those so called foreigners who are invading our country as many believe, stealing our jobs, raping our women and driving around in uninsured cars.....lol...i say uninsured cars because if you have no papers i doubt you have insurance, so what makes you think you can drive it to france, let alone off your drive is bewildering me
regards

[quote user="Pearly Spencer"]Hi all,

regards

Pearly
[/quote]

If you have no V5 (or C) or an export certificate, then you won't be able to register it here. If the vehicle is yours, and in your name, then just apply to the DVLA for a replacement V5C. If it isn't or it is dodgy, then forget it - driving an unregistered/unlicenced car is just as illegal in the UK as it is here.