We have recently purchased a house in Lauraguel it is on what we thought was a quite side road.  Unfortunately the narrow road is not quite and large Lorries are passing through as a short cut.  We have been told by the neighbours that the Lorries are prohibited from using the road but ignore it.   Is there anything we can do or any one to whom we can complain?

"  We have been told by the neighbours that the Lorries are prohibited from using the road but ignore it. " 

What signs ( weight limits or sauf riverans etc ) are there at the entrances to the lane advising of the ban . Suggest talking to the mayor and possibly an offer of a contribution to the cost of the signs ?

We are not sure if it is temporary or if there are more lorries than normal.  There is a lot of road works going on at the moment. 

I will contact the Marie and perhaps come to some arrangement about the signs. 

We do have a language problem because he does not speak any english and our french is minimal.

I still love the house and the area and it would be perfect without the Lorries

Sorry, but prior to the roadworks that road has always had a lot of heavy traffic on it.  It's 'the' road to the autoroute heading up to Toulouse; I've used it for almost 7yrs and it's always been the same!  It might be a good case for double glazing to be fitted!