telepeage doofer

sueyh

• 1 month later...

I think I'd expect it to work in Spain about as much as I'd expect it to work for the Dartford crossing in UK but you never know !

Incidentally my doofah played up for 'er indoors the other day on the trip down to Toulouse airport to pick up yours truly. She had to back out of 2 lanes (thankfully late evening so pretty quiet !) but then, even at a manual lane the operator couldn't get it to work, yet on the journey back home it worked perfectly over the 2 sections of Paege, must have been having a bad day.

Yes, it does have a battery, its a 3v Lithium cell and its previously been discussed HERE

Depending on who you listen to life expectancy can be anything from 2 to 5 years and as mine is only 9 months old I'd be surprised if the battery had gone already. It's worked perfectly since so I think I'll take a "wait and see" stance for the moment.

Ernie.

We had exacyly the same problem with a C4 Picasso last year.  Hired one twice and at all the tolls the other half had to hang out the window to get the doofah working.  It didnt seem to make any difference where it was placed inside.

We also had problems last week in our own car when we have always been OK before.  I got the impression that the closer the the doofah is to the side of the car where the barrier is hinged it works better.