Ports Action - anyone know anything?

Panda

Panda you may well be correct, but P&O are currently stating that their sailings to Calais are on time and space is available and no reports of delays from Sea France. You would expect these big organisations to keep travellers updated if there are delays, but that's life.

Baz

PS. BBC Travel are not reporting any disruption to any ferry services to France timed at 9.20BST. although I believe there is now a problem in Boulogne

Speedferries has been turned back and all sailings cancelled for today due to Boulogne being blocked, it has been sugggested now that Calais is also now affected and P&O services suspended, this is not confirmed I'm on the line now!

Where are you getting your news Panda? 

Nobody else seems to know about any problems:

Latest from Port Of  Dover

All sailings from the Eastern Docks with P&O Ferries and SeaFrance to Calais and with Norfolkline to Dunkerque are currently running to time with space on all departures.

SpeedFerries’ fastcraft services, from the Hoverport to Boulogne, are running to time, with space available.

Neither Sea France, P&O or the BBC are reporting any problems either. 

Sadly, first hand, I had someone on the Speedferries 07.00 crossing which was turned back after sitting in port at Boulogne for and hour and half, they were then advised to go with P&O as Calais was not affected, then that was changed to say that that may too be sent back on arrival at Calais as the strikers were heading that way, on checking with P&O they are saying they have been put on alert of an issue but as yet no one has turned up, cheerfully adding it only takes 10 minutesfor that to change, yeah thanks for that I say. 

My visitors have just boarded Eurotunnel, that for now is running!

Arrived at Boulogne this morning for a Speedferries crossing to be told canceled due to fisher men.So drove up to the tunnel and paid my £145.00 along with a lot others.

Speedferries had sent me an email yesterday , but I have been out of reach until now. [:P]

Just read another email from them , they are going to give me a return ticket valid for 12 months for the inconvenience as well as honoring the ticket I did not use today (not bad it was only a £10 one way ticket ) and it was not their fault .[:)]