car insurance

rosebud

I can't recommend a particular company, but from personal experience I would try to find one who spoke some english. My french is quite good, but with insurance matters I find it difficult to communicate. (Unless you are fluent in french.)

And I would suggest a company with an office close to where you live, so that you can call in when necessary. There are some adverts for english insurance brokers operating in France, but they may not be near you.

You need to get a few estimates, prices vary a lot.

We recently changed from Axa to Credit Agricole bank, for various reasons, one being that the female agent at CA speaks good english, and has been helpful in the past.

[quote user="Patf"]

We recently changed from Axa to Credit Agricole bank, for various reasons, one being that the female agent at CA speaks good english, and has been helpful in the past.

[/quote]

And we changed from Credit Agricole to MAAF for both motorbikes, the car and the house as it saved us about 400 euros per year.

We insure our car, camper and motorbike with MAAF.

Their premiums are competitive and have been subject to no increases for the past three years.  In fact, we've received a 5% reduction this year. They also offer a 'Bonus for life' once you've had three years claim free cover on a vehicle.  Handy for me after our BMW was written off this summer....[;-)]

As far as service is concerned, they have been first class.  They handled the write off claim with the appropriate urgency and they've just negotiated a very good injury compensation claim on my behalf from the other driver's insurance.

As a mutuelle, they don't use commision earning agents so you're always dealing directly with them.  And you're a member rather than just a customer....