certificat de conformite - DRIRE address Thonon

miffee

Hi All,

I have just filled in the DRIRE certificat de conformite form to get the paper work I need to start the process of registering my Renault Espace in France. However, I am having great difficulty finding the address to send it to my local DRIRE office. My postcode is 74430 and I've been told it's in Thonon-Les-Bains.

Can anyone help? Thank you in advance,

Matt

Deux Savoie

Chambéry :

430, rue Belle Eau - 73000 CHAMBERY

Tél. : 04 79 62 69 70 - Fax : 04 79 69 51 61

Annecy :

129, avenue de Genève - 74000 ANNECY

Tél. : 04 50 08 09 00 - Fax : 04 50 08 09 20

Coordonnées et horaires du service

véhicules de la Haute-Savoie

Tél. : 04.50.08.08.10

Fax : 04.50.08.08.19

Renseignements

téléphoniques
: tous les matins de 8 h 30 à

11 h 30

Horaires d'ouverture au public
: tous les après midi de

13 H 30 à 16 H 30

Having spent a week or two trying to get to grips with the process of obtaining a Carte Grise (and succeeding today), I thought I would update this thread with my experience.

Car : Volvo V70

Controle Technique obtained using Volvo plastic headlamp converters.

Quittas fiscal obtained at the appropriate Hotel d'Impots (but not our closest one!)

Carte Grise obtained when we went in to our Sous-Prefecture to ask whether we needed a Certificat de Conformite - the helpful lady at the desk looked at our Carte Grise Anglais (ie the log book - form V5C) - checked - and then said that the Type Approval Number (item K on the V5C) was all that was necessary. I just had to hand over the necessary documents as per the above sticky and partly fill out the form "Demande de Certificat d'Immatriculation d'un Vehicle" with my name, address etc. - she did the rest on the computer using the logbook details thus saving me the problem of filling out all the various car details. The only shock was the amount I had to pay (€312) and they wouldn't accept an English visa card!

I must say that it was easier than I thought it was going to be.

I also have bought a  right hand drive rRenault Espace Series 3 and been unable to get through by phone to find out what to do etc.

Is the address in one of the above replies the same office for all of France and what is the cost?

I live in post code area 87230.

Is there anyting else I need to do.

Thanks for your help.[8-)]

Can someone confirm that I have the correct DRIRE address for NIORT.

I have   4, rue Alfred Nobel, 79000 Niort.         

I don't want to send my documents to this address and then find out it is the wrong one. Thanks

Thanks Claire. are you permanently attached to your computer as I have noticed you reply to so many threads very quickly?

I had googled pagesjaune and that was where I got the address from I just wanted to comfirm as Car documents are very important and I don't want them lost

Hi

You may not need a CoC if your V5C has a long code (mine is 15 characters excl * and /) for section K (type approval number). The prefecture accepted this and did not need a CoC ( benefit of EU conformity) . This may vary from prefecture to prefecture. It may be well worth checking with your prefecture before paying for a CoC.