House in Cognac

Am due to go for final signing on our house that is  10 minutes from Cognac.

Would appreciate any information on garners/house minders etc in the area.Also what is the going rate for these types of services?

A forum member Zeb has a gardening business near you, I believe. If you do an advanced search using user name you will find her and be able to send a private message. Alternatively she may find you!.

Perhaps the agent or notaire you used can direct you to some other options?

It's a bit of a "how long is a piece of string "thing,but I know 22 € an hour for gardening,I also know of 10 euros! Around 10 for cleaning,there are lots of people doing it!! There are lots of prices in between too,and some a bit higher!!

Hello all,

thanks for the recommendation Tresco but I'm over near Ruffec/Champagne Mouton so Cognac is just a tiny but too far! Sorry.

Charges? We charge 15 euros per hour for basic garden maintenance. I can understand folks charging more due to the high social charges. We just about make ends meet and I have to charge a bit more for using the ride-on to cover costs. Be careful if anyone you want to employ is charging less as they may not be registered, although, if you are resident in France (presume not if you are looking for house minders) you could pay under the cheque d'emploi system and keep legal.

Now I've probably confused you...sorry again.

zeb

Zeb, and Original Poster, sorry about that mix up.

Zeb, think yourself lucky, I have just helped shift 22m2 over yesterday afternoon and this am!

So much better than housework, for me anyway. The guy who helped bring it all just couldn't stop commenting on the fact that I was doing it at all. He was even more confused when we finished up, had some aperos, and his dad (my leetle friend M. Ricardo) told him MOH does all the cooking