Change of driving licence - sorry, again

Tony F Dordogne

Some time ago SD very helpfully posted a list of the documents you need and I think Clair posted a link to download the forms to change to a French dl.

Any ideas where it may be, there are so many discussions on this, the list and link seem to have been lost in the mists of time?

Not for me, done mine ages since, for J and one of our Brit neighbours who is diabetic and wants to change her dl straight away.

One of the things that came out of the various threads on this subject was that different Depts. have different requirements, so it's best to ring the prefecture first (or visit) to ask.

For example some ask for payment and others don't.

Ours was very fussy about the photos - I had to repeat mine.

I think the form of application is standard though.

The standard documents required for a change of licence are the same whichever departement you live in.  Only the local fee may differ - in some cases, it's free.

Simplest way is to check your prefecture website or visit the [url=http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/particuliers/F1758.xhtml?&n=Transports&l=N19812&n=Permis de conduire&l=N530&n=International&l=N19126]Service-Public portal[/url]....[;-)]

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]The standard documents required for a change of licence are the same whichever departement you live in.  Only the local fee may differ - in some cases, it's free.

Simplest way is to check your prefecture website or visit the [url=http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/particuliers/F1758.xhtml?&n=Transports&l=N19812&n=Permis de conduire&l=N530&n=International&l=N19126]Service-Public portal[/url]....[;-)][/quote]

If you live in the Lot et Garonne you will be required to have your foreign licence even an EU one, officially translated into French, this is not necessary in all

depts.

[quote user="gosub"]If you live in the Lot et Garonne you will be required to have your foreign licence even an EU one, officially translated into French, this is not necessary in all

depts.[/quote]

This is clearly in total contradiction with current legislation and should be challenged at the first available opportunity.

This alone would make me want to move there just to prove them wrong! [:P]

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="gosub"]If you live in the Lot et Garonne you will be required to have your foreign licence even an EU one, officially translated into French, this is not necessary in all

depts.[/quote]

This is clearly in total contradiction with current legislation and should be challenged at the first available opportunity.

This alone would make me want to move there just to prove them wrong! [:P]

[/quote]

Claire can I take you with me the next time I try to exchange mine[:D]