Speeding out - Slowly back. Advice on French driving ban please

Slowly home

[quote user="Russethouse"][quote user="P2"]

[quote user="Russethouse"]I think the French law enforcement agencies are dealing with the matter appropriately, there is no need for anyone else to be judge and jury in addition.[/quote]

Yes, but this person is thinking of not going back and facing the consequences!

Doing 152kph in a 90 zone is total and utter stupidity and the person should face up to what they have done.

And yes, if he wants to kill himself then fine - but there is always the possibility of others being killed. Therefore, as they could be the one killed in an accident then they surely have a right to comment.

The person should return to France and take whatever punishment is given and not try scheming their way out of it OR feel sorry for themselves as they were the only one stopped.

Paul

[/quote]

Can you point to the post where the OP states that ? He asks :

Questions;

1. If I already have a ban, do I still need to attend the hearing?

2. Can I have a medical in this country instead?

3. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

4. If I ignore the hearing, what will happen next visit? 

Kevin - sorry to be giving the Brits abroad a bad name- McNeice

[/quote]

Well, I have reread Kevins posts and apologise as there is no inference that he is not going to attend and all the indications that he is - for which I applaude Kevin for taking responsibility for his actions.

However, I still remain of the opinion that riding at the speeds stated is a danger to other road users - I think the web item from Sweden shows some of the consequences for others.

The item from the US just shows that for some lessons are never learnt as evidenced by the friend of the biker who died a few days later.

In the UK speed limits are constantly being lowered which I assume is because people speed not just for other reasons.

Paul

Yes, you are correct. I have taken note... of all the criticisms too!

I was trying to ask for procedural help - hopefully from somebody who had experience of similar - so that I knew what my commitments would be and, if possible, try and guess the likely outcome.

I really don't want to attend a court hearing. Nor can I easily afford the associated logistical costs of getting to the court room in Digne without a license. I have already sold my bike to pay for my 'holiday'. Can I plead guilty by letter?

Surely I'm not the only Grande Vitesse merchant on here?

Kev

Good luck Kev - don't worry about it - they just want the money.

My Uncle got exactly the same service and he wasn't even in one of his 911s.

Things must be bad if you had to sell your bike.

IM me if you want to make trips from UK to European places my brother and mates do three or four a year.

Sounds like you got flustered and were an easy target.

Good Luck.