French supplied new car to UK?

Gastines

Anyone any knowledge on this problem? We have Honda Jazz LHD 18 months old .Shortly wish to buy new UK spec Honda Jazz. Our local Honda Agent say they can take ours in PX and supply UK spec car.OK so far but----Obviously it will have French Reg, can a car be supplied for UK agent collection ?We have had basic details from DVLA site but wondered total cost of re-registering in UK and what,if any,problems regarding TVA-VAT. UK agents say they will only PX a LHD if re-registered first.

A bit confusing I'm afraid.

If I have it right you want to PX your LHD French car for a new UK spec one and if you do it in France it will be French registered.

Alternatively you are asking if you can get it from a UK agent but if you do they want your current LHD car on UK plates so you want to know what problems that may involve.

If this is correct several thoughts occur.

Firstly I'll say this and get it out of the way: IMO, anyone who buys a new car has either got too much money or is stark raving bonkers, as I say though, IMO. Nevertheless I do thank you for it because without new buyers there would be no nice cheap secondhand cars for automobile skinflints like me to snap up [Www]

You presumably have your reasons but irrespective of where it comes from why do you want to buy a UK spec car to use in France ? You make the French reg sound like a problem, why is that ?

Are you sure that PX is the best deal. If you've been offered an irresistible deal or need the money to finance the new car then maybe your options are limited but otherwise I'd have thought that selling privately and negotiating a discount on a new car would likely work out better. Selling in France would undoubtedly be the best but if not then there are a number of LHD dealers in UK who I'm sure would be glad to take it off your hands, French reg and all, so why not call one or two of them and see what they will offer you for it. It would be a nice clean cash deal much less hastle than UK registering it which could further devalue it as it will technically have had 2 owners not one.

As for the new car I believe that you can still buy tax free in UK for personal export and pay the VAT when you register it in France but don't quote me, not a position I have ever been in nor envisage being in in the future [:)] 

You've made me confused now!! I want to sell the French reg Honda on leaving France and buy a new Honda in UK.I just wondered which was the best way to go about it? 2 points, not leaving just yet and having had 2Honda Jazz from new I have found them very reliable and problem free.Anyway,thanks for you input.

I'm a bit confused as well, but if your present car is LHD and French registered, sell it in France and buy the new one in the UK. Second hand cars have a much higher value in France than the UK. New cars are a lot  cheaper in the UK.