battery chargers

chirpy

I'm guessing it will be all down to different peoples experiences, but....

I have used Optimate battery chargers for years. My motor bike sits more than it's ridden (sadly) and the Optimate, keeps the battery charged by simulating the bike being ridden, not just charging it. I have known Optimates "bring back" batteries that I was told to bin, thats dead cells, shorted plates, all sorts. never had anything but good out of the things!!

thanks,may try on  one.

Sorry to here your bike not ridde as much.....assume  you have too much work or family.

Although now 72 years young,have great memories of saving 4 years before I had the necessary third deposit  for a new Triumph 21......wow .I did not want second hand.however by the time I owned it I went abroad,got married and used byke sale to pay owards wedding,and basics for rented house in Rrinidad.

Still have a hankering [I]to buy ANOTHER 21 AGAIN , as It was just correct height etc,. being only 5feet 6" tall.[:D]

[quote user="f1steveuk"]I'm guessing it will be all down to different peoples experiences, but....

I have used Optimate battery chargers for years. My motor bike sits more than it's ridden (sadly) and the Optimate, keeps the battery charged by simulating the bike being ridden, not just charging it. I have known Optimates "bring back" batteries that I was told to bin, thats dead cells, shorted plates, all sorts. never had anything but good out of the things!![/quote]

I don't doubt that the Optimate does what it says on the tin but recover batteries with dead cells or shorted plates, I don't think so [Www]

You may doubt it, but try telling it to my very very old mini battery that should have gone to the scrap yard over six years ago, and which now happily powers the alarm on my garage door!!!

Likewise, alarm systems on cars and bike will take every last bit of power out of a battery, which is what happened to my XJR1200 battery, and that is fine now, after it was "Optimated". I'll leave you to your opinion, and I'll just use the batteries!!!

That must be some alarm which takes the same power as cranking a mini [blink]

I'm not saying that the Optimate won't do a bang up job on weak or drained batteries but dead cells or shorted plates are tangible faults which cannot possibly be 'cured' by any external device, that's all [;-)]