Car Insurance Advice Needed

Oboulez

Louise&Gary asked ''PS How do you get the pictures by your names?''

I can't help with car insurance as ours are all insured in UK, but I did manage to add an avatar (I learned that was the name for the pictures)! Click on your user name on the top right of the page and run down to find the avatar section. I got mine from a search on the internet.

Good luck with insurance and avatar.

Thanks to everybody for your assistance re getting French car insurance. I have settled for Nick Chubb http://www.asttral.com/ who came in considerably cheaper & the deal included breakdown cover & replacement glass etc. which were optional extras in other quotes. One thing I noticed when trying to get online quotes from French companies was that I was unable to get beyond the field which asked when you passed your driving licence. I passed mine before I was 18 - which is too young in France, so I kept getting warning flags indicating this.

Re the Avatar, I tried importing one of my own pictures, but only the file icon appeared...........

All in all, this is a fantastic site for expats. Whilst I had done lots of homework before moving, this site has proved invaluable on several occasions. It is great to be able to share experiences which both inform and prevent others encountering pitfalls.