Breath Test

Quillan

How long does it take?

I ask this because I had one in the early hours of the New Year and only breathed in to it for about 5 seconds. The last time I ever had one was in the UK about 12 years back and you had to blow for about 40 seconds. This one seemed very quick.

Oh yes, I passed, it was my turn to drive this year. Mind you it's interesting if your the only one sober watching others on the dance floor who clearly are not but hten you wonder what you must have looked like the year before. [;-)]

Thanks for that Pierre, sounds about right then. They blocked the main road off and 'did' everyone, strange they didn't ask for the documents but then it was my BOI's Jag and it's on Spanish plates. I did have A Kia on arrival at about 20:00 but we didn't leave till about 03:00. Same with the rugby, I normally have a glass of wine with the meal at lunch (before the match) when it's my turn to drive. Better safe than sorry.

No 'bags' round here I am afraid ppp just this little machines.

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]Yeah I should have said it was a little machine a bit bigger than a ciggy packet.
3 lights on it, OK, dodgy and go directly to jail.  Mustn't be too complicated for the Flics [;-)]

[/quote]

Spot. that's the Jobey. They don't work in the rain apparently, not the machine but the Flic's. Well not round here anyway. [:D]

Around here, the flics use a cheapo plastic bag with what looks like a blue plastic 'policeman's whistle' shaped gizmo which you blow into.  The whole thing looks like it came out of a Christmas cracker.

Having never been breathalysed before in my life, I got stopped on the motorbike three times this summer over a ten day period. 

I asked them if I qualified for a carte de fidelité.....[:D]

I had never been breathalysed before we came here either but I seem to get stopped quite often now, probably every 2 or 3 months! The Ruffec gendarmes have the little gizmo with the lights, like an old mobile phone (which is what I suspect it really is!"). The most frequent "controles" for me are after 10.30pm. I'll have to change my route! I've never been stopped on the motorbike and they don't ask for documents if the breath test is clear. They are always very polite (so far).

The only time I got breathalysed was one Christmas Eve just after I turned my car over due to a mound of soil in the road. The Plod obviously thought they had an easy one here so the conversation went:

'When did you last have a drink, sir?'

'Christmas'

'Blow into this, please, sir.'

'Bloody hell! He's clean!'

Normally I'm always the nominated driver in my family, but Mrs IG is suffering at the moment because I've broken my wrist and can't drive.

I can remember coming off the toll at St Omer one year, got through the toll and asked to pull in, they went round to the other half who was sitting next to me (in the passenger seat) then they realised, dam, its a British car then had to detour around to me sitting looking at them.

All clear only had a few wine gums.

Steve