Get Back Lost Licence Points

rothrugby

"Apres une perte de points, le capital initial est automatiquement reconstitue au bout de 3 ans sans infraction."  So you go back to 0 (Edit - I mean 12 of course - see below) after 3 years automatically if you don't do any more naughties in the interim!

However : "Il est possible de reconstituer volontairement son capital de points en suivant un stage de sensibilisation a la securite routiere.  Ce stage permet de recuperer 4 points maximum (dans la limite des 12 points du permis normal).  Un delai de 2 ans est obligatoire entre 2 stages."

So you can get 4 points back by going through a test (google it for you local centre) before the three years are up, if you wish to.

There's a lot more complicated stuff in the code de la route about numbers of points and how long they last etc, but I think for small infractions, that's all the relevant stuff, RR!  Mr Driver probably knows more.[:)]

[quote user="cooperlola"]"Apres une perte de points, le capital initial est automatiquement reconstitue au bout de 3 ans sans infraction."  So you go back to 0 after 3 years automatically if you don't do any more naughties in the interim![/quote]

You DO know this, Coops, but I think brain-fade has kicked in: in France you start off with 12 points, and when you get down to zero they take your licence off you.

Regards

Pickles

[quote user="Pickles"][quote user="cooperlola"]"Apres une perte de points, le capital initial est automatiquement reconstitue au bout de 3 ans sans infraction."  So you go back to 0 after 3 years automatically if you don't do any more naughties in the interim![/quote]
You DO know this, Coops, but I think brain-fade has kicked in: in France you start off with 12 points, and when you get down to zero they take your licence off you.

Regards
Pickles
[/quote]Doh![:$]  Got my knickers on backwards, I think.

Hopefully Rothruggers got what I meant.