Used Car prices

John Brown

I'm trying to find out how much my 4 year old Citroen C1 Turbo Diesel four door is worth.

I want to sell it privately so I can commit to another car I've been offered.

Is there a magazine I can buy that lists secondhand cars / prices

Its just got its first CT this week and it comes with two Snow Tyres / wheels for when it gets bad here

The down side is it can't tow a trailer but at 80 mpg its very economical

John 

Wish they would do them again with modern engines. Nice and cheap and simple inside not all the carpets you see these days, so you can put a mucky dog in or bags of cement, or bang the camping gear in and be off. They were really snotty with me at my Renault garage when I said all that and that was several years ago. Apparently the great french public didn't want anything so down market. Me I'm all for simple, probably because I am a simple soul.

I take it an 'old' R4 at that price would have a slightly different 'life' to the one I would offer a new one.

Thanks for your help. 6,400 sounds about right

The New Car Salesmen are as clueless as the Brit counterpart. When I bought this car new I tried deleting the radio / cd player as it was an option ( 350 euro ). The Salesmen said the car would come with a big hole were the radio should be, with wires and bits showing. Guess what, you can't delete the radio even though it says you can and you are charged for it as an extra. He also said the controls on the steering wheel for the radio would not work with another radio. There are no controls on the steering wheel.

So the car took 6 weeks longer to arrive and the handbook in English, offered without asking for it, is still on its way

John

idun: Wish they would do them again with modern engines. Nice and cheap and simple inside not all the carpets you see these days, so you can put a mucky dog in or bags of cement, or bang the camping gear in and be off. They were really snotty with me at my Renault garage when I said all that and that was several years ago. Apparently the great french public didn't want anything so down market. Me I'm all for simple, probably because I am a simple soul.

I take it an 'old' R4 at that price would have a slightly different 'life' to the one I would offer a new one"

Buy a vbc and pull out all the carpets and you have the quatrelle equivalent! I think only the French make them (van based cars)

Steve