French Number Plates for show only...

Dog

[quote user="dave21478"]All the rage in the modified car world.....your normal UK number printed in a French style on a French car or on German style plates on a VW etc etc.

[/quote]

a failure come MOT time on a UK car if the plate is not to the B.S. standard font and spacing???

You can also be stopped by the police. About 12 years back on holiday here from the U.K. we had a accident where the front number plate had to be replaced. It was a French style plate on our Citroën BX and I drove around for a couple of years with it fitted. One Sunday morning I was out and about very early and was stopped by a bored copper who asked if I realised I had different plates back and front. I said yes, one white and one yellow. He told me the front plate didn't meet U.K. regs and produced an A4 sheet with the details and asked if I was going to change it or did I want another bit of his lovely paper asking me to report to the local, Stroud, nik. I told him I would change it and I did. After all, we were both local[:D]

Here is the info

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/PersonalisedRegAndNumberPlates/DG_181503

In some situations it's little more than lip service in both countries.

At custom car shows in UK you can have any plate you like made up on the spot and here in France at a show I had a pair of silver and black plates made up for my MGB while I waited without any mention of the Carte Grise, it's just a money thing !

Many well intended laws inconvenience and penalise the law abiding far more than they ever do the criminals [:(]