Address change and the Carte Grise

mint

This question has probably been asked before but I can't seem to get it round my head whether you need to change your plates at the same time as notifying change of address?

It's probably not hugely important as long as we retain the "old" house as that is also our address.  But I like things to be clear-cut and I like all to be above board and anyway we are likely to put the house on the market next year.

I understand that the change of address on the Carte Grise itself is FOC but do they change your car number as well?[8-)]

You only have to change plates if your car had the old style registration number showing your department code. Your new carte grise will show a new style number, so new plates will be needed.

If your car already has the new style number, then it stays with the car for life so no need to change plates.

Old style:  1234 XY 24

New style:  AB-123-CD

You should have notifed your change of addess when you moved house, if only to avoid any delays in getting your speeding tickets sent on to your new address and losing your discount for prompt payment.....[:P]

Thanks, SD, and dammit, I forgot about the speeding tickets![:D]

It's not me who get the tickets, it's OH and I keep threatening him that if he got any more and we could no longer afford insurance for him (on account of his advanced age) I'd have to confiscate his car keys!

Unfortunately, both cars have old-style plates![:'(]  Does the financial squeeze never let up?[+o(]

So....2 sets of new plates PLUS the garagiste's charge for rivetting them in place (sigh).

SD, would the numbers be completely different as well?

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Unfortunately, both cars have old-style plates![:'(]  Does the financial squeeze never let up?[+o(]

So....2 sets of new plates PLUS the garagiste's charge for rivetting them in place (sigh).

SD, would the numbers be completely different as well?

[/quote]

Well, they won't be the same, that's for sure.......[;-)]

[:D][:D][:D]

Ain't gonna get any sense out of you today, am I, SD?

No, I don't mean will the 2 lots of numbers be the same as each other; I mean will the 2 lots of new numbers be the same as the 2 lots of old numbers and will..............oh, nevermind![:D]

PS, I think I've got it, SD, many thanks again.