Another driving licence question

JohnRoss

I exchanged my UK issued photocard licence for a French one when we first arrived in France. Having clocked up several more years I was wondering if there is an age limit before a medical is needed. I get the impression from earlier posts not. However on looking at the list under the column marked restrictions I note that 70 GB is shown and wonder what the significance of that is.

I note that the vehicles other than a car and what looks like a motorised tricycle that I could drive including a car towing a carvan have expired in that the date jusqu'au has come and gone. That is not a problem but I am concerned that the 70 GB might have some significance that could affect me soon. On looking at the back apart from saying that I wear glasses the figure 70 appears followed by what I am guessing was the number and issue date of my original UK licence or rather the date that we swapped from the red one to the green one. Up until someone said something about age recently I had assumed the 70 referred to that and nothing to do with age. Would be grateful if someone could confirm that is the case..............JR

Code 70 means it is a licence exchanged for a licence originating in another country, in this case Great Britain hence 70GB.

The social security no starts with a code 1 for males code 2 for females followed by year and month of birth then

the department number where you were born or 99 in the case where you were born outside of France followed by a country identifier ,Code 132 in the case of the UK.

I can see no mention of a code 70 to identify UK citizns .

Thanks for the confirmation folks and it turns out that the person that mentioned a connection with age was in fact talking about the UK issued photo card/European licence and hence the confusion. I gather they have to be renewed every ten years so if the French one is for life then that seems to be a better deal. Not that I want to but as the car towing a caravan pic on the licence shows to be past its up to date I assume one has to have a medical or something to get that put back as allowed? Others reading this may need to be aware of this!...................JR

[quote user="Boiling a frog"]Code 70 means it is a licence exchanged for a licence originating in another country, in this case Great Britain hence 70GB. The social security no starts with a code 1 for males code 2 for females followed by year and month of birth then the department number where you were born or 99 in the case where you were born outside of France followed by a country identifier ,Code 132 in the case of the UK. I can see no mention of a code 70 to identify UK citizns .[/quote]

My "attestaion l'assurance maladie" shows 70 under the head "code gestion". I only know htis because I doubted ANO's reply earlier and got mine out to check! He's right.